Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Catawba River Antique Mall Booth

Amongst the many other projects I am currently pursuing, I also took on a 10x10' booth at the Catawba River Antique Mall. I pushed to complete the booth construction before the soft opening on October 17, while also balancing the market booth install for Dixie Seating Co and the windows for Sozo Gallery. I'm really happy with how it turned out! Here's a peek into the progress of construction. Now to just keep it full of items for sale…

The stack of pallet wood and space on the right is my booth!

First wall is complete! Luckily I'm sharing a wall with a neighbor and they were wonderful enough to construct it and allow my to attach my pieces.

Framing the right wall. 

Right frame is complete, now for the details!

I purchased antique windows from a small shop in Thomasville, GA back in college. They've finally been put to use!

Structure set for window inserts.

Wall installed, thanks to my Mr.'s help propping things during his lunch break.

I had a ton of extra painted wood left from the Dixie Seating Co booth, and since it's my favorite color, I couldn't not use it!

Finishing off the edge.

Edge & window insets are done!

Top braces and roofing for a finishing touch!

I managed to move a few items in on Saturday. The white pallet dish rack sold within 4 hours! I'll be adding more items on Friday and in the future- expect to find vintage, antique, repurposed and handmade items in my booth! The grand opening celebrations starts this Friday at 4pm. Festivities start at 10am and run all day Saturday- including an outdoor market, fresh lunch by Tin Kitchen, and a bounce house!

1 comment:

Jennifer Matthews said...

Great job... Love it.. Congrats....